FAQ EuroVAT - VAT reclaim
To be allowed to recover the VAT, you must:
- Carry out international transport of goods
- Have no VAT number in the refund countries
- Use vehicles weighing at least 3.5 tons
- In all EU countries
- In countries with a reciprocity agreement in place: Norway & Switzerland
You can claim a VAT refund on many products associated with your activity as an International Transport Company: Diesel, tolls, AdBlue, lubricants, repairs, accessories, parking fees, technical control, HVG washing, hotels, catering, tunnels, bridges…
Caution: The list of products subjected to VAT refund varies depending on the country.
- For a subscription between 01/01/N & 30/09/N, the service is backdated to 01/01/N-1. For example, if you subscribe 15th May 2016, you will receive VAT on the invoices 2015 and 2016.
- For a subscription between 01/10/N & 31/12/N, the service is backdated to 01/01/N. For example, if you subscribe 15th November 2016, you will receive VAT only on 2016 invoices.
Reimbursement delays vary depending on the tax authority.
According to the law, tax authorities must process the claims within 4 months (from the reception of the claim to the refund) but in reality delays vary depending on the country.
Statistical refund periods compiled by EuroVAT: https://www.eurovat.eu/en/vat-reclaim
You can send us your e-invoices on PDF by email.
Important: Please keep your original invoices as the Tax Authorities may demand them for control.
It depends on the country.
Please contact us for further information.
- April: We start submitting 1st quarter claims.
- July: We start submitting 2nd quarter claims.
- October: We start submitting 3rd quarter claims.
- January: We start submitting 4th quarter claims.
- March: We start submitting annual claims, if necessary.
- Quarterly claim: € 400
- Annual claim: € 100
For most tax authorities, using several VAT agents on the same country and for the same period is forbidden.
Nevertheless, for some tax authorities you can use several VAT agents if they reclaim VAT in different countries or for different periods.
FAQ EuroVAT - Diesel tax reclaim
Excise duties are specific taxes on diesel.
EuroVAT claims excise duties refunds for transport companies based in EU. They must carry goods and EuroVAT must also be their VAT agent. Vehicles must weigh more than 7.5t
You must be able to provide vehicle registration documents, leasing/rental contracts and invoices along with the filling lists.
- France (TICPE),
- Belgium (excise),
- Spain (Gasóleo Professional + IVMDH, also called « Spanish Sanitary Cent» or “healthcare cent”),
- Italy (excise),
- Slovenia (excise),
- Hungary (excise).
- France (TICPE) : half-yearly refunds
- Belgium : half-yearly refunds
- Spain : quarterly refunds
- Italy : quarterly refunds
- Slovenia : annual refunds
- Hungary : quarterly or annual refunds
- France (TICPE) : claims must be submitted within 2 years
- Belgium: claims must be submitted within 3 years after the date your authorisation number was issued
- Spain: not backdated
- Italy: claims must be submitted by the 20th of the month following the end of the quarter
- Slovenia: an annual claim that must be submitted by the 31st March of following year
- Hungary: claims can be submitted on fillings done 1 year (year-on-year) prior to the issue of your authorisation
YES for Belgian and Slovenian excise duty
NO for French TICPE, Italian excise duty and Spain’s Gasóleo Professional + IVMDH
It depends on the countries and on how busy Customs are.
Statistical refund periods compiled by EuroVAT:
- French TICPE : 10 to 14 months
- Belgian excise duty : 6 to 18 months
- Spain’s Gasóleo Professional + IVMDH : 3 to 6 months
- Italian excise duty : 18 months
- Slovenian excise duty : 3 to 12 months
- Hungarian excise duty : 1.5 to 2 months
No - if you use several agents, your claims may be rejected.
Please contact us!