Total promotes eco-driving
Fleet managers often face the challenge to reduce the costs of their fleets. Although new vehicle mechanisms play a major role in reducing these spendings, drivers can also have a major impact. To do so, drivers must respect simple and effective reflexes of eco-driving rules.
Eco-driving is extremely beneficial fuel-wise for the fleet manager and security-wise for the driver as it enables them to:
1. Save fuel costs
2. Reduce maintenance necessitites
3. Cut CO2 emissions
4. Diminish stress and weariness
5. Lower accident risks
6. Limit speed excesses
Eco-driving prones anticipation and smooth driving techniques, such as quickly shifting gears after the first acceleration; turn off the engine when possible; or making sure the vehicles' tyres are well-pressured.
"(...) drivers must respect simple and effective reflexes of eco-driving rules"
Ways to promote eco-driving include:
1. Communicating specific eco-driving principles and techniques to drivers
2. Installing data-catching systems onboard of vehicles to help drivers improve their driving
3. Proposing individual or collective eco-driving courses
Eco-driving not only alters habits and decreases costs but it also gives companies a vision turned towards a more ecological future.